Saturday, October 2, 2010

good reads changes us

Jeff Utecht shows us a great web site for tracking blogs in his article “Tracking Independent Reading in High School.” It is much more important for teachers to track what their students do about their homework. The idea of “one stop shop” changes our complicated tracking process. Jeff strongly recommends “good reads” which I would like to use in the future. Good reads works well for widely connection, time saver and, stable feature.
      Once students apply good reads as their main site, it is become convenient to search articles that they think may helpful. Using Good reads look for resources for readers in a short time during an independent reading. Thus, students don’t have to spend much time on browse books from library, or they have to log in many different websites look for their essential parts. Due to the widely connection of good reads, not only students can operate their blogs in one site, but also they can communicate with others at the same time. This somehow increases their studying initiative, because they have diversity resources which they may be interested in any of them.
      Furthermore, teachers also benefit from the good reads because they can track students reading on one site. Additionally, teachers can give students comments, solve their problems, and get suggestions from other teachers. In this case, the good reads saves a lot of time that teachers may use to tracking students reading process, because they don’t have to log in students’ blogs one by one. Therefore, they have much time to research the technical parts of the website. For example, I set up my blog reader this week, and I try to looking for other features it may have using my extra time rather than just subscribing my classmates. Otherwise, I have to go my classmates’ blog and see if they update their blogs. I can control them by blog reader which saves me lots of time.
      The last merit I am concerned is the stable feature of good reads. We all realize that any web site would have risk. Either hacker or virus may destroy the system. Once it happens, we may lose important data. That’s why we improve our systems gradually in order to make the system stable. Attribute to good reads, we may not lose our post on blogs even though the website doesn’t work anymore. Not only posting but also tracking is available while the site out of control. Furthermore, we can move everything to another site so that we may continue the rest of the job.

1 comment:

  1. This is a great find! I've added it to my delicious and I'm looking forward to showing it to some English teachers. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete